Policies and Procedures for Sound-alike and Look-alike Medications
S Singh, Angel R Singh
Citation Information :
Singh S, Singh AR. Policies and Procedures for Sound-alike and Look-alike Medications. Int J Res Foundation Hosp Healthc Adm 2017; 5 (1):15-20.
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Singh S, Singh AR. Policies and Procedures for Sound-alike and Look-alike Medications. Int J Res Foundation Hosp Healthc Adm 2017;5(1):15-20.
- Look alike/sound alike drugs: a literature review on causes and solutions. Int J Clin Pharm 2014 Apr;36(2):233-242.
- Medical errors related to look-alike and sound-alike drug. Anaesth Pain Intensive Care 2013;17(2): 117-122.
- Naming, labelling and packaging of pharmaceuticals. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2001 Nov;58(21):2033-2041.
- Incidence of adverse drug events and potential adverse drug events: implications for prevention. J Am Med Assoc 1995 Jul;274(1):29-34.
- WHO Collaborating Centre for patient safety solutions, look-alike sound-alike medication names. Patient safety solutions. Geneva: WHO; 2007.
- Look-alike and sound alike drug names: the problem and the solution. Hospital Pharmacy 19922795-98. 102-105, 108-110.
- Look-alike, sound-alike drugs review: include look-alike packaging as an additional safety check. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2005 Jan;31(1):47-53.
- Preventing medication errors in cancer chemotherapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm 1996 Apr;53(7):737-746.
- Look-alike, sound-alike medication errors: a novel case concerning a slow-Na, slow-K prescribing error. Int Med Case Rep J 2015 Feb;8:51-53.
- Quality use of medicines—medication safety issues in naming; look-alike, sound-alike medicine names. Int J Pharm Pract 2012;20(6):349-357.
- Medication errors associated with look-alike/sound-alike drugs: a brief review. J Enam Med Col 2015 May;5(2):110-117.
- Look-alike and sound-alike drugs: errors just waiting to happen. J Emerg Nurs 2005 Dec;31(6):569-571.
- Similarity as a risk factor in drug-name confusion errors: the look-alike [orthographic] and sound-alike [phonetic] model. Medical Care 1999 Dec;37(12):1214-1225.