Brain Drain: Migration of Healthcare Professionals in a Globalized World
Gaurav Mahindra, Hamendra Kumar Dangi
Citation Information :
Mahindra G, Dangi HK. Brain Drain: Migration of Healthcare Professionals in a Globalized World. Int J Res Foundation Hosp Healthc Adm 2014; 2 (2):63-72.
Copyright © 2014; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Mahindra G, Dangi HK. Brain Drain: Migration of Healthcare Professionals in a Globalized World. Int J Res Foundation Hosp Healthc Adm 2014;2(2):63-72.
- Migration of health workers: perspectives from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. In Regional Health Forum 2006;10(1):49-58.
- Brain drain or brain bank? The impact of skilled emigration on poor-country innovation. J Urban Econom 2011;69(1):43-55.
- Managing medical migration from poor countries. BMJ: 2005;331(7507):43
- Trends in international nurse migration. Health Affairs 2004;23(3):69-77.
- Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence. J Develop Economics, 2001;64(1): 275-289.
- Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers. Econo-mics J 2008;118(528):631-652.
- The brain drain, international integration of markets for professionals and unemployment: a theoretical analysis. J Develop Economics 1974;1(1):19-42.
- Go West, Young Man, Go West!? (No. 01/07). New Zealand Treasury 2001.
- Human resources for health: overcoming the crisis. Lancet 2004;364(9449):1984-1990.
- The brain drain: curse or boon? A survey of the literature. In Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics. University of Chicago Press; 2004. p. 235-278.
- International migration, remittances and development: myths and facts. Third World Quarterly, 2005;26(8): 1269-1284.
- The fiscal impact of high-skilled emigration: Flows of Indians to the US. J Develop Economics 2009;88(1):32-44.
- Skilled migration: the perspective of developing countries (No. 2873). IZA Discussion Papers 2007.
- Globalization, brain drain, and development. J Economics Liter 2012;50(3):681-730.
- The economics of the brain drain. J Econo Liter, Forthcoming 2011.
- What have we learned from a decade of empirical research on growth? It is Not Factor Accumulation: Stylized Facts and Growth Models. The World Bank Economic Review 2001;15(2):177-219.
- The brain drain: a survey of the literature. Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Department of Statistics, Working Paper, (2006-03), 2009;02.
- The brain drain: determinants, measurement and welfare effects. Wilfrid Laurier Univ. Press 1977.
- International mobility of highly skilled workers: from statistical analysis to policy formulation. In International Mobility of Highly Skilled Workers 2002;71-98.
- Domestic distortions, imperfect information and the brain drain. J Develop Economics 1975;2(3):265-279.
- The global tug-of-war for health care workers. Migration Information Source 2004.
- Incentives for retaining and motivating health workers in Pacific and Asian countries. Human Resources for Health 2008;6(1):18
- How to bridge the gap in human resources for health. Lancet 2004;364(9443):1451-1456.
- Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK. Social Science & Medicine 2007;65(5):915-923.
- Are We Losing the Global Race for Talent?. Wall Street J A17; 2005.
- Give us your best and brightest: the global hunt for talent and its impact on the developing world 2005.
- The global migration of talent: what does it mean for developing countries? 2005.
- Can a brain drain be good for growth in the source economy?. J Develop Economics 1997;53(2):287-303.
- The metrics of the physician brain drain. New England J Med 2005;353(17):1810-1818.
- The brain drain: old myths, new realities 2002.
- Tendencies of international career of romanian researchers: brain drain? J App Quantit Meth 2006;1(2):194-209.
- Human resources for health in India. Lancet 2011;377(9765): 587-598.
- International movements of the highly skilled (No. 3). OECD Publishing 1997.
- Trade in healthrelated services. Lancet 2009;373(9663):593-601.
- Migration of healthcare workers from developing countries: strategic approaches to its management. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2004;82(8):595-600.
- Population Division. International Migration Report 2002 (Vol. 220). United Nations Publications 2002.
- Policy responses to skilled migration: Retention, return and circulation 2003.
- Motivation and retention of health workers in developing countries: a systematic review. BMC Health Services Research 2008;8(1):247